Friday, May 5, 2017

Bavaria: beer, brats, BMW (and modern art)

After a great stretch in Berlin, we have made it to Munich in the south of Germany. We are loving the street food, not just traditional Bavarian fare (beer, pretzels, sausages) but also baklava, kebabs, and other Middle Eastern fare from the immigrant population.


We are enjoying not just the street food--but the streets themselves. We can walk again, thanks to pleasantly cool temperatures, sidewalks, and pedestrian thoroughfares.



CJ persuaded me to visit "BMW World." He was so excited that I left him there and he came home later by himself on the Metro.



And then there were the art museums. In just three (long) hours, Leah and I visited three adjacent art museums, taking an artistic tour from the old masters to modern art.




After which I rushed to the Hoffbrau Haus, which I found more understandable.


All in all, Europe in the spring is a lovely way to transition back to the developed world.



1 comment: